Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our Great God!

I haven't written in a while.  I think now seems a good time to write.  I got back recently from the Union Gospel Mission, at which my brother and I did a worship service.  It was short, only three songs, yet it seemed powerful..despite my being somewhat out of practice!  It felt amazingly and strangely good to lead worship again, I haven't in quite some time, and something about it just clicked I guess.  Like the last few times it has seemed almost like it takes more effort, but tonight was smooth even tho I made several (actually many) mistakes.  Christ was definitely there tonight!

Also I found it interesting how I was called on very short notice to help with worship, and it all worked out perfectly for me to do it.  I think God was bringing me there tonight; the message was exactly what I had needed to hear for a long time!  It was about how no matter what we do, Christ's love and mercy and grace covers it all.  One particular comment I liked was that the cross is bigger than any sin we can manage to do.  That is absolutely incredible!  God makes it so easy for us to be right with Him, all we have to do is humble ourselves to repent and ask Him for forgiveness.  I can't even fathom why someone with all the power in the universe would choose to make such a sacrifice of His son for sinful people like me, when He has every right to destroy all of humanity!  

Another thing that I recently came across was a verse (I don't have the reference with me at the moment) that states how God promises us to not allow us to be tempted beyond our ability.  This basically means we can overcome ANY temptation we EVER come across!!  THAT is reassuring, let me tell you!  And yet, even if we decide to give in, He still is there loving us enough to allow us a second chance!  Truly incredible.
I just had to share that tonight:)  In His name alone!

2 comments:

  1. amen! God is doing amazing things at UGM, isn't He? i'm blessed every time i go there. thanks for filling in so last minute. (yeah, the dude who dropped the ball was me, y'all =P). i am sooo thankful for the grace of God also. not only does it cover my sin, but the thought of His love fills me with joy and love too! btw...that verse is from 1 cor 10:31. i praise God that in Christ we are no longer slaves to sin, but slaves to righteousness Rom 6:19)! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the cross is bigger than any sin we can manage to do." I like that. thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete