Sunday, July 12, 2009

That's What Amazes Me

Ok so I was listening to Go Fish (yes, I do like them;) and as you might have guessed their song "That's What Amazes Me". There is one verse in the song that goes "There is a place inside my heart I'm thankful no one else can see. Thoughts I've had, wrongs I've done I wish I could take back every one... But like a Father who loves His children, You see my faults, and You've forgiven me. The one I wish I was is the one that you see, and that's what amazes me." I just kinda re-realized how incredible that promise is! As God tells us in 1 John 1:9, If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Wow. It takes incredible love to give such an incomparable gift! To think that after all I've done, that God would look on His perfect Son as the one who committed my sins, and let me go free??!! It's a dizzying thought...it's just like that other song goes, "It makes me wanna shout, 'Hallelujah, thank You Jesus! Lord You're worthy, of all the glory, and all the honor, and all the praise!' " I think I'll keep it down for now in volume though as the natives are sleeping;) But my heart is shouting with joy right now! I want to encourage anyone who reads this to join me in this Joy by laying their burdens down at His feet and rejoicing in His sovereign grace!
In His Mighty Name alone...

2 comments: