Monday, November 23, 2009

"I will never leave you nor forsake you"

For the last several months I've been feeling rather spiritually dry. I don't know exactly why, but that's how it has been. If I had to put a guess on it, that guess would be because I think I've been letting God slip away lately, partly (I'm sure) thanks to negative influences I tend to have at work. Anyways, I want to say how amazing God is for not letting me slip away.

Basically I have been recently having trouble focusing on anything, and I could feel something that wouldn't seem to be quiet in my head. No, I'm not schizophrenic:P But there was definitely something that was causing my thoughts to always be confused and trying to find a solution to a problem I couldn't identify. Very weird feeling I gotta say. Unfortunately God never came up in my thoughts during all that, even though I am fairly certain it was Him all the time trying to talk to me.

Saturday night, it was worse than ever, and I couldn't even sleep because of it. I even ended up pulling an all-nighter to church, because no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't sleep. I figured music might help some, as it often does, and suddenly this song from Disciple got stuck in my head. The song was I Feel You, but that's not really the important part entirely. See I always listen to my iPod on shuffle, because I like the random selection deal. About two songs later, the song No End At All played, and I think God was leading me to that song. The chorus says, "There is nowhere I can go, even in the depths of the sea You're not too far away. When I wake, when I sleep, you are capturing me with a love that knows no end at all." I was speechless. Not necessarily because of the concept that the words spoke, but because it reminded me that God never leaves us, even if we push Him out. I asked for a sign to be shown to me at church in the morning. I felt like I had pushed God out for a long time, and wanted to just be positive that I was still His, or rather that He was still mine. Everywhere I went at church that day gave a clear sign that He never left me, even the sermon was about that exact topic! I'm so amazed that instead of just one simple sign, God gave me many huge signs. Even more so, He knew I would ask for a sign this week, and He gave John Piper the exact words I needed to hear at the exact time I needed them.

I pretty much want to say, it's amazing to be loved by God, because you never have to worry about being forgotten about or left behind. Just like He promises, He will never allow His children to be taken from Him, and will always take us back even if we leave Him for a time.

2 comments:

  1. wow, thanks for sharing Kevin. I've been there, it's so hard, but God is SO good. What a truly amazing God we serve.

    ReplyDelete